|View printer-friendly version|
|BD to Demonstrate Enhanced Integration Offerings that Target Key Gaps Across the Medication Management Process at HIMSS18|
A new BD survey conducted by HIMSS Analytics®, 2017
- Nearly half of healthcare professionals surveyed cited better integration with electronic health records as an opportunity for improvement
- More than 70 percent of organizations surveyed see the value in moving to a single vendor for medication management
- Over a quarter of clinicians polled stated that data from medication management devices do not integrate well with EHRs at their facilities
"BD is partnering with IT industry leaders and collaborating with customers to help address these evolving medication management challenges," said
The BD HealthSight platform for enterprise medication management, supports health systems as they address these challenges by helping to create a seamless ecosystem between BD Pyxis™ and BD Alaris™ portfolios from pharmacy to bedside – with the goal of improving efficiency, reducing waste and enabling healthcare workers to spend more time on patient care.
At the 2018 HIMSS Annual Conference, BD will also highlight key enhancements in the areas of industry and clinical partnerships, enhanced interoperability and cybersecurity, to help address the evolving challenges hospitals and health systems face throughout the entire medication management process.
- Enhanced Partnerships with Clinical and Industry Leaders in Health IT:
- Expanding on successful commercial relationships with
Cernerand Epic, BD has established a partnership with Iatric Systems to enable EMR interoperability. This expansion will allow more hospitals and health systems across the globe to take advantage of the benefits of integrated medication management, such as smart pump EMR interoperability, which is protecting infusions in more than 250 BD sites nationally.
- BD and
Microsofthave entered into a strategic collaboration to develop sophisticated machine learning and data analytics solutions powered by Microsoft Azure™ while helping to ensure that BD medication management technologies are updated with the latest operating system for enhanced security and minimized downtime. BD's unmatched expertise in enterprise-wide medication management coupled with Microsoft'sglobal footprint and big data solutions will enable hospitals and health systems globally to take advantage of advanced solutions designed to address some of the most pressing challenges in healthcare, such as medication safety, inventory optimization and diversion detection.
- BD is partnering with the
University of Rochester Medical Center, Sharp HealthCareand Kansas City VA Medical Centerat HIMSS to provide educational and industry solution sessions around optimizing medication management across the continuum of care.
- Enhanced Interoperability for Improved Efficiency and Accuracy Across the Medication Management Process:
- Built on the industry leadership of Alaris EMR interoperability, which has helped more than 250 hospitals and health systems achieve bidirectional interoperability between their smart pumps and EMR, BD recently expanded its interoperability capabilities across a variety of solutions in the company's medication management portfolio.
- Enabled by the BD HealthSight platform, this approach leverages the electronic health record (EHR) as the "one source of truth" for patient medication orders, enabling a seamless exchange of medication management data between the EMR, pharmacy and nursing — significantly improving workflow efficiency.
- Learn more about the impact of interoperability at two HIMSS presentations:
- HIMSS Interoperability Showcase presentation, "Improving Health Through Interoperability and Information Sharing" led by
W. Glenn Hilburn, MBA, RN, CPHIMS, VP Clinical Systems, Grady Health Systemon Tuesday, March 6, at 10:30 a.m. BD Speaker Theaterpresentation, "Interoperability 2.0," led by Dan Pettus, VP Connectivity and IT, BD on Wednesday, March 7, at 10 a.m.
- Enhanced Cybersecurity Across BD's Medication Management Portfolio:
- BD's rigorous approach to cybersecurity focuses on security by design, security in use and security through partnership, designed to build, protect and support BD medication management technologies over their lifetime.
- BD recently announced the BD Product Security Partnership Program, through which the company partners with government agencies, standards organizations, external security researchers and cybersecurity vendors to help improve the cybersecurity of medical devices. Included in this program is an industry-first cybersecurity vendor certification program, wherein BD validates third-party security technologies that are compatible with its products and perform as indicated.
- Visit the
BD Speaker Theaterin booth 5538 to hear from clinical and BD leaders throughout the week on the latest in medical device security.
"Cloud and AI technologies are helping health organizations around the world streamline operations and deliver better outcomes for patients," said
BD's commitment to optimizing health IT to improve the entire medication management process will be presented through a range of onsite activities at HIMSS. For a complete list of speakers, symposia, sessions, white papers and other information BD will present at HIMSS, please visit BD.com/HIMSS18.
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. The company supports the heroes on the frontlines of health care by developing innovative technology, services and solutions that help advance both clinical therapy for patients and clinical process for health care providers. BD and its 65,000 employees have a passion and commitment to help improve patient outcomes, improve the safety and efficiency of clinicians' care delivery process, enable laboratory scientists to better diagnose disease and advance researchers' capabilities to develop the next generation of diagnostics and therapeutics. BD has a presence in virtually every country and partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. By working in close collaboration with customers, BD can help enhance outcomes, lower costs, increase efficiencies, improve safety and expand access to health care. In 2017, BD welcomed C. R. Bard and its products into the BD family. For more information on BD, please visit bd.com.
Monique N. Dolecki
BD Public Relations
BD Investor Relations
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bd-to-demonstrate-enhanced-integration-offerings-that-target-key-gaps-across-the-medication-management-process-at-himss18-300607654.html
SOURCE BD (