BD Demonstrates Synchronized Technology Platform at HIMSS17
BD Showcases its Leadership in Enterprise-wide Medication Management at #HIMSS2017
ORLANDO, Fla., Feb. 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE: BDX), a leading global medical technology company, will demonstrate its approach to a synchronized medication management technology platform aimed to help close the communication gaps between different software and devices and optimize interoperability with the EMR systems to deliver a more seamless med management process at the 2017 Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) annual conference and exhibition being held in Orlando from February 19-23.
BD's leading Pyxis™ and Alaris™ technologies will be linked throughout the medication management process and interoperable with health IT platforms ─ improving the safety and accuracy of medication management workflows, while reducing complexity and cost. With the unique ability to integrate technologies, BD can help hospitals and health systems see a holistic view of the entire medication management process. This harmonized approach is also backed by clinical experts that will support a hospital or health system to define, execute and measure its medication management processes and continuously improve workflows and optimize outcomes.
BD is focused on three primary pillars:
One Medication Management Platform:
- Through this unique "one platform" approach, BD is the only company that can offer health systems a holistic approach to managing its medications – from medication reconciliation upon admission, preparation and dispensing in the pharmacy to administration at the bedside. This approach has the power to simplify and streamline medication management processes. This streamlined approach, when connected to the EHR, will support the safe and timely administration of medications to patients.
- BD technologies help ensure that the right medication is available when and where needed to improve outcomes and cost-efficiencies across the continuum of care. Through this comprehensive approach towards medication management, BD will demonstrate software capabilities, including: suggestive analytics around inventory management, software applications to drive workflow efficiencies, and benchmarking capabilities. By enabling enterprise-wide inventory visibility and analytics for all medications, the system can automate ordering and receiving for all medications, including IVs and controlled substances, across healthcare networks of all sizes.
End-to-End IV Safety:
- BD is working to improve comprehensive IV infusion safety through the entire process from initial compounding to administration at the patient's bedside. BD technologies seamlessly integrate with pharmacy IT systems and EMRs to receive orders, simplify steps, optimize drug utilization, prepopulate infusion parameters into pumps and improve compliance with documentation, ensuring that the right medication and dose is delivered to the right patient.
"By synchronizing our technologies with health care IT systems across the continuum of medication management, BD is uniquely positioned to help IT operate smarter and more effectively," said Ranjeet Banerjee, worldwide president of Medication Management Solutions for BD. "We are continuously developing new ways to improve clinical workflows through our solutions, professional services and support. Through our interconnected, holistic approach to medication management, BD's devices and software can be utilized to their greatest potential to help prevent medication errors, improve clinical processes and streamline costs across the entire medication management continuum."
BD at HIMSS
The BD commitment to optimizing health IT to elevate the entire medication management process will be highlighted in three onsite sessions:
- BD will support panels at the conference, including:
- Cyber Surveillance and Threat Intelligence Sharing: February 19, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., West Hall, Room 311E.
- Securing Wireless Medical Infusion Pumps – A Use Case: February 22, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., Tangerine Ballroom, Hall F4.
- Health IT Risk Management: A Practical Tool to Help Hospitals and Medical Devices Stay Secure in a Complex World. February 22, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m., Room 206A.
- Customer Panel: Driving Patient Safety With Smart Pump-EMR Interoperability – Lessons Learned. Several of the more than 165 healthcare organizations live on Alaris EMR interoperability will share their success strategies. February 21, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Room 203A. Register now at himss.org.
- BD will participate in the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase.
Live demonstrations will show how meeting interoperability profiles and standards can help solve some of the most critical challenges in health care:
- Alaris™ system - Athletic Injury use case
- BD Intelliport™ system – Scheduled surgery use case. February 20-22, Hall F, Booth #9000.
- Stop by booth #1093 to learn the value of engaging with a single strategic medication management partner.
BD is a global medical technology company that is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. BD leads in patient and health care worker safety and the technologies that enable medical research and clinical laboratories. The company provides innovative solutions that help advance medical research and genomics, enhance the diagnosis of infectious disease and cancer, improve medication management, promote infection prevention, equip surgical and interventional procedures, and support the management of diabetes. The company partners with organizations around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues. BD has more than 40,000 associates across 50 countries who work in close collaboration with customers and partners to help enhance outcomes, lower health care delivery costs, increase efficiencies, improve health care safety and expand access to health. For more information on BD, please visit bd.com.
This press release contains certain estimates and other forward-looking statements (as defined under Federal securities laws) regarding potential future sales and product development. Forward looking statements may be identified by use of words such as "will", "plan", "believe", "expect" or other words of similar meaning. All such statements are based upon the current expectations of BD and involve a number of business risks and uncertainties. Actual results could vary materially from anticipated results described, implied or projected in any forward-looking statement. A number of factors could cause actual results to vary materially, including, without limitation, difficulties inherent in product development, delays in product introductions and uncertainty of market acceptance of new products; competitive factors including technological advances and new products introduced by competitors; pricing and market pressures; potential cuts in governmental healthcare spending and measures to contain healthcare costs; adverse changes in regional, national or foreign economic conditions; product efficacy or safety concerns; fluctuations in costs and availability of materials and in BD's ability to maintain favorable supplier arrangements and relationships; new or changing laws and regulations impacting our business or changes in enforcement practices with respect to such laws; future healthcare reform; as well as other factors discussed in BD's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. We do not intend to update any forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof except as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Monique N. Dolecki
BD Public Relations
BD Investor Relations
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bd-demonstrates-synchronized-technology-platform-at-himss17-300409922.html
SOURCE BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
Released February 20, 2017